Neighborhood Park on Chapel Hill Blvd
Neighborhood parks are 3 to 5 acre parks that primarily service the residents of the neighborhood(s) immediately surrounding the park. A neighborhood park is currently under construction which will serve the neighborhoods just east of Rd 68 and South of Freeway 182. The 5 acre plot for this park is located on the North side of Chapel Hill Blvd approximately at the intersection of Saratoga Lane and Chapel Hill Blvd. The design of the park took into consideration feedback received by residents via a survey and initial community meeting. The Park design specifies a walking path with benches, an open playfield area, two picnic shelters, play structures for both 2.5-5 years and 5-12 years, swings, two 1/2 court basketball courts, a landscaped amphitheater area, and a good mix of trees and bushes throughout the site.
- October 2020: Design Reached completion
- October 14, 2020: The project went before the Hearing Examiner and was approved.
- November 2020: Request for bids was issued
- December 14, 2020: Project bids were received
- January 5, 2021: Bid was Awarded by City Council to Total Site Services on January 5, 2021.
- February 8, 2021: Construction Began
- March 26, 2021: CMU wall complete, site grading 90% complete
- May 10, 2021: Irrigation installation began
- May 18, 2021: Asphalt walking Path and Basketball court poured
- May 21, 2021: Park lighting installed
- June, 15, 2021: Picnic Shelter pads installed
- June 18, 2021: Playground installation began
- Substantial completion of park is scheduled for end of summer 2021, with shelter installation and a community assisted tree planting to occur in October.
*Michael Terrell – Landscape Architecture, PLLC is the selected design firm for this project.
*Total Site Services is the general contractor on the project.
*Playgound to be installed by GameTime.
Source: City of Pasco