Community Resources

Below is a list of resources available to residents in need who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The City recognizes residents have endured financial struggles and is actively working with community partners to provide assistance where needed. The following resources give direct links to application forms, websites, and provide contact information. 

Food Security

Due to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations, the pantries below have limited hours. Use the map to find a food pantry near you, simply click the pins for information about services. 

Housing & Utility Assistance 

The following organizations are actively distributing grants for rent and/or utility assistance. Eligibility guidelines vary but all require certification of financial hardship due to COVID-19 and annual household income information. 

Benton Franklin Community Action Connections | 720 W. Court Street | (509) 545-4042 

Benton Franklin Community Action Connections (BFCAC) is currently accepting utility assistance applications. Click the link above and fill out contact form directly on the BFCAC website, after which a representative will contact you. 

Blue Mountain Action Council | (509) 529-4980 

Blue Mountain Action Council (BMAC) is a non-profit based in Walla Walla whose veteran services extend to Franklin county. Their Supportive Services for Veteran Families program helps homeless veterans and their families, including those in danger of eviction. To be eligible for services one must: 

  • Have served at least one day in active military, naval, or air service or was activated in the National Guard/Reserves 
  • Low-income 
  • Homeless or at risk of homelessness 

To access services, visit the BMAC website linked above and fill out the help form. Once submitted a representative will contact you.

City of Pasco | 525 N. 3rd Avenue | Pasco, WA | (509) 545-3488 

The City of Pasco is working with Basin Disposal to help customers pay their garbage bill. To apply for eligibility, return the completed form to the City of Pasco Customer Service department. If you do not have access to a printer, a customer services representative can provide you with a form and assist in filling it out.

Housing Resource Center | 7102 W. Okanogan Pl. Suite 201 | Kennewick, WA | (509) 737-3946

Residents Benton and Franklin counties are able to apply for utility and rental assistance through the Housing Resource Center (HRC). The rental/utility assistance form can be found here. When applying for assistance, the following documents will be needed: 

  • Copy of ID 
  • Income statements for last 2 months 
  • Landlord name, email, and phone number 
  • Signed lease/rental agreement 
  • Eviction notice (if you’ve received one) 
  • Past due utility notice 

If you do not have access to a printer, you can pick up a form at the Okanogan Place address where forms can be found inside a green drop-box. Once the form has been filled out, return to the same green drop-box and staff will contact you.

Tri-Cities Hispanic Chamber of Commerce |1600 N. 20th Avenue | (509) 430-4314 

The Tri-Cities Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (TCHCC) is accepting applications for rent assistance. To qualify you must be behind on your rent payment and have an annual household income of 80% or less than the Benton-Franklin county average median income. To request rent assistance, please call the the TCHCC number provided above.

Source: City of Pasco